Saturday, August 9, 2008

All Packed

After about two hours and a minor suitcase disaster, my two (yes two) bags are packed for Ireland.  I'll be leaving tomorrow for Taylor, about a four hour drive, and my parents will return home without me on Monday.  Unfortunately, I was unable to fit Nikki into my bag, so she will not be able to join me in Ireland.

The last couple of days in Michigan were a blast, even though they got off to a rocky start.  Mary and Lauren came up to visit my grandparents with me, and Lauren got sick on our first night there!  We spent Wednesday around the house shooting the BB gun, dressing up in the dress up clothes I used to play with as a little kid with my cousins, and watching movies.  That night, Mary and I went for a swim in Lake Michigan right as a storm was blowing in.  It was pretty incredible to see the lightning (no we did not swim during the lightning) the waves, and the rain pelting down on us.  Definitely a memorable night.

The next day, we spent the entire time on the boat skiing, tubing, and wakeboarding.  Lauren apparently is a skiing prodigy.  I have never in my life seen someone get up on skis on their first try, but she did.  Then she was even able to get up on the wakeboard.  Both Mary and Lauren went tubing as well, and then paid for it the next morning with extremely sore muscles.  All in all, it was an awesome way to end the summer.

1 comment:

Mary Rose said...

I could not agree with you more. I miss michigan and I'll def. miss you!! Have tons of fun this next week and beyond.