Monday, August 11, 2008

Upland

My first day in Upland went surprisingly well.  I woke up very confused as to where I was when I woke up in a strange room and then proceeded to spend half the morning trying not to sleep through the morning lecture, but after lunch I was able to stay awake through my first college class, Foundations of Christian Thought.  It was so weird to have an extremely intelligent professor talking about psychology, worldviews, the existence fact and morality, and other deep, intellectual topics and then tie all of them into the character of God and the Trinity.  Definitely different from public school, but I loved it!  The very first class I'm taking starts right off with why we should integrate both faith and learning, something I was never able to find at North.

Later that night, one of my roommates and I walked down to Taylor Lake.  It was absolutely gorgeous as the sun set.  There was a blue heron on the lake, and I got to sit on the dock and do my homework and journal as the sun set over the lake/pond.  I think Taylor Lake will be one of my favorite places on campus when I return for the second semester.  I loved just getting away to a peaceful spot to think about the day.

Here are some pictures of my dorm.  It's very bare because we'll only be living here for a week, but it's home for now.


































No comments: