Monday, August 18, 2008

Kissing the Blarney Stone

Today, we ventured out into the rain to see Blarney Castle.  It was pretty impressive with winding stone stairs and everything out of solid rock.  Legend has it that if you kiss the Blarney Stone, you'll get the gift of gab, so we all did that, hanging out over a rock a couple hundred feet in the air.  I was glad to have the man there holding me up!  The castle itself has fantastic gardens with beautiful rocks, waterfalls, and gigantic ancient trees.  Even though it rained the whole time, my raincoat worked wonders, even keeping my camera dry in my pocket.

We ate lunch beneath the bus (yes under the bus)  It was actually quite roomy in the cargo hold, so since it was pouring and we couldn't eat onboard, we all squished under the bus with our sandwiches.  That was actually a lot of fun!

Tonight, we ate at a pub, and I loved the food.  I ate toasted ham sandwiches with cheese and onions.  Pubs are definitely my favorite place to eat.  It's very relaxed with slow service, but it gives you the time to just chill and relax with the people you are eating with.  I'll probably upload some pictures tomorrow.  But goodnight to all of you for now.

1 comment:

HP said...

so, did you get the gift of gab? or were the irish just tricking you with their leprechauny ways.