Monday, August 4, 2008

Here We Go

"The first week of August hangs at the very top of summer, the top of the live-long year, like the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses its turning." 
- Tuck Everlasting (Natalie Babbit)

Well, here is the promised blog for Ireland.  Just a warning before we start: I'm terrible at blogging and actually updating, but I'm going to try really hard to let you guys know what I'm doing in Ireland and uploading pictures for those of you who don't have a Facebook.

This week, I've just been getting together all the last minute things that I need to pack, and today was the last shopping trip for Ireland (hopefully).  It feels so surreal that I can fit three months of my life into two duffel bags that are under 50 lbs.  But I've also noticed in my packing how much extra junk we think that we need.  

So here's my schedule for this next week.  

Tomorrow: I'll be heading up to Michigan to visit my grandparents and go boating
Saturday: I'll be packing
Sunday: I'll drive up to Taylor with my parents!  

Here we go!

No comments: