Sunday, September 14, 2008

DART

Yesterday, we had one of the best assignments I've ever had in school.  We were given 5 euro and a dart pass, and told to get off at two stops to have coffee.  Lauren, Chad, Hannah, Norah, and I got off at a stop called Killeny and walked to the next stop.  The walk was absolutely beautiful.  The winding road ran along the Irish sea, there were beautiful houses all along the way (Bono lives somewhere in the area), and stone walls covered with ivy.  There were wild blackberries all along the way, and we ate those whenever they were ripe as we walked to Dalkey.

In the town of Dalkey is very quiet and peaceful, and we sat down in a coffee shop to do homework for a while.  Finally, we took the Dart back to the town of Bray, right before Greystones, and went to the beach there.  There were some really colorful rocks there, so my group spent about 20 minutes collecting rocks before hopping back on the Dart back to Greystones.

After dinner that night, we played rugby in the dark.  Definitely and interesting but very fun experience.  Today, I headed back to my church, The Presbyterian Church, which starts at 11:00.  It's nice to be able to sleep in and then go off to church fully awake.  Our pastor is an incredible speaker, one of the best I've heard in my life, and I'm not kidding.  He keeps you focused for the entire time, and he relates old texts so well to the modern day and modern issues in Irish and world culture.  I'm definitely going to continue attending this church and hopefully get involved there as the semester continues.  Anyway, the rest of the day should be a homework day.  We have a history test, a C.S. Lewis reading and write-up, a Contemporary Ireland write-up, and two history write-ups due Monday and Tuesday, so I have a lot to accomplish.

No comments: