Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rainy Day

Well, it rained again today... go figure, rain in Ireland.  But we had class all day today, so it didn't really matter, except that my after class walk was a little damp.  Fortunately, here in Ireland it doesn't really rain, it just kind of spits.  It's like walking through a cloud.

The highlight of my day today was mail time because I got my first piece of mail today, a small package from Mary.  I loved hearing from her, and she even sent me some of the things I miss from the states in an extremely creative way.  Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, Mary, that made my day.  My roommate got a huge package that included a massive tub of peanut butter cookies!  That was extremely exciting for all of us here too, because they were the first soft, chewy cookies we've had in a while.  Most of the cookies here are harder, more cracker-like, so we all ate cookies for breakfast/lunch today.

Otherwise, it was nice just to relax today.  I've been working non-stop on homework, so today I took a break to just take notes in class and hang out with everyone.  One of my profs is here now, so we actually have classes this next week.  Isn't that crazy, classes in college?!  The rest of the week should be pretty busy around here.

No comments: