Sunday, October 5, 2008

87 Pancakes

I had cooking group this weekend... It was a lot of fun to hang out in the kitchen, but I'm really glad it is over.  I have a new appreciation for the Y staff that feeds us every day!  It's a full time job.  On Saturday, we made hot dogs and American Mac 'n' Cheese for lunch with pizza for dinner.  On Sunday, we made sloppy joes and then breakfast for dinner tonight.  I just finished making 87 pancakes.  Tomorrow we'll be back to the normal schedule with our wonderful cooking staff.

Today, after a wonderful Sunday message from Rev. Monty, Lauren and I were invited over to Sunday dinner at their house.  It was wonderful to be sitting at a table with a home cooked meal.  I don't think I've had that in about two months.  The food was delicious, and Monty and Gwen were great company.  They are a pretty dynamic ministry duo that have had a huge impact on my life in just a few short weeks.  They are definitely a blessing from God.  Anyway, we have small groups tonight and a free day tomorrow.  I'm excited to have absolutely nothing to do for the first time in about 2-3 weeks.  Maybe I'll go to the zoo...

No comments: