Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Break... in France?!

Tomorrow, four friends and I are flying out for Paris for our fall break. I never in my wildest dreams though I could say that I was going to France for Fall Break... It's a strange feeling. I'm excited to go and see the gardens and all the different sites. Hopefully the food will be good too, and the exchange rate is at its lowest since I've been in Ireland, which is great news! Anyway, please pray for safety and that we won't get too lost in the city. Thankfully we have two people who've studied French extensively in school and travelled there before.

I still have a lot to do before tomorrow. I have a class at 10:30 downtown Dublin to discuss the AIDs epidemic with an Irish graduate of Taylor, and then we fly out at 7:00 in the evening. But I still have to finalize our itinerary, and turn in some homework. Today, we started Irish drumming classes! (Yes, I'm getting credit for that) It's an ancient Celtic instrument called a Bodran or Bohran, or something along those lines. Definitely a unique experience.

Well, the dinner bell just rang. I'm off for Paris tomorrow!

No comments: