Saturday, October 18, 2008

Big Hair and Pink Eyeshadow... Agh! 80's

Yesterday, I was sick all day for my birthday... ugh.  But it was still a good birthday.  My roommate and my friends put signs up all over the Y, and I got a cake with my name on it.  I got some cards, presents from home (thanks everybody!), and a present from my roommate.  We had class all day, and then headed into Dublin to see a play.  It was a pretty abstract play by Samuel Beckett, and then I headed home and fell asleep thanks to some good medication : )

Today, I feel better, thankfully.  We had our pick-a-date earlier tonight.  It's a Taylor tradition where you go out on a "date" with a guy's floor, and it's a lot of fun.  The guys in the group picked their dates out of a hat, and then had to come up with a creative way to ask them to go.  I got asked with cookies in the shape of a bowling ball and pins because we were going bowling.  We actually had a group of three (two girls and a guy) because we don't have that many guys on this trip.  So my group and another date group went out to pizza and ice cream and then headed out to meet the other groups to bowl in Bray.

The thing is that the theme tonight was 80's night... and the Irish did not dress the same way that Americans dressed in the 80's.  Let's just say we got a lot of strange looks walking down the main street of Greystones towards the DART because our costumes were pretty much all-out craziness!  Then, later at the bowling alley, a song came on that a group of guys had used to ask their dates out.  They created this dance to a pop song, and did the whole thing in the bowling alley.  Again, we drew a crowd... All in all, it was a very fun night.

No comments: