Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back Again

It's a very surreal feeling to be home again.  I went to sleep last night, but it was so strange to see my ceiling.  In Greystones, I was on the bottom bunk, in this tiny cave-like bed.  Everything here feels very strange.  I'll just make a list of the way things are strange here.

1. A lot of lights.  Headlights, streetlights, house lights.  Greystones was much darker
2. The stores are HUGE! How in the world do we need that much stuff?
3. I answered the phone for the first time in 3 months
4. I almost drove on the left side of the road once
5. My room is gigantic and very bright in comparison
6. It's a lot louder here, especially at night
7. I don't have to fight for a washing machine

The list goes on.  It smells nicer in Ireland too.  Anyway, I got home last night incredibly exhausted and confused as to what time it was, but I got to bed and slept until about 6:30 in the morning.  This whole day has been kind of a blur of exhaustion and the surreal feeling of being home again.  I half unpacked my stuff and started on laundry.  I visited my grandma and my cousin up the street.  Then I tried to go and buy some jeans since two pairs were ruined in Ireland, got rather lost, realized the store I was looking for had gone out of business or moved, and then went to the library instead.  This rambling post is definitely a reflection of my rambling thoughts.  So to conclude, the adjustment is a difficult one, but I'm working at it.  Ireland was an amazing experience.  One of the best in my life.  But if you want to hear more, you need to come to tea... seriously.  Just call or email, and I can set up a time to show pictures and tell funny stories.  That's another thing about Ireland.  There, most of our communication was done face to face because we didn't have internet or phones, so I'm not used to all this technology yet.  And actually, I like it face-to-face much better.  It makes things so much more personal.  Anyway, before I ramble on anymore, I'm just going to cut this short.  Goodnight.

No comments: